Hi:

I uninstalled my 3.6 LibreOffice a few weeks ago when I discovered that the
Ubuntu Software Center had an "official" version of the new 4.0.2. I'm using
a 64 bit version of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS by the way.

I've had a slew of problems with that release and don't have the time to
fool with it, so I uninstalled all of the LibreOffice stuff - again using
the Ubuntu Software Center - in order to try the separately downloaded 4.0.3
version from the Libre Office site.

Everything went well for the first part (the stuff in
LibreOffice_4.0.3_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz). When I attempted the second part
(in the desktop-integration), I got the following message:

~/Downloads/LibreOffice_4/LibreOffice_4.0.3.3_Linux_x86-64_deb/DEBS/desktop-integration$
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
dpkg: regarding libreoffice4.0-debian-menus_4.0.3-3_all.deb containing
libreoffice-debian-menus:
 libreoffice-core conflicts with libreoffice-unbundled
  libreoffice-debian-menus provides libreoffice-unbundled and is to be
installed.
dpkg: error processing libreoffice4.0-debian-menus_4.0.3-3_all.deb
(--install):
 conflicting packages - not installing libreoffice-debian-menus
 libreoffice4.0-debian-menus_4.0.3-3_all.deb

I tried opening libreoffice4.0-debian-menus_4.0.3-3_all.deb in the Ubuntu
Software Center, but got the message "Conflicts with the installed package
'libreoffice-core".

Now I have no LibreOffice at all. I had thought of trying to reinstall 3.6,
but figured that might only make things worse.

I suspect I need to rid the machine entirely of anything related to
LibreOffice (although it's annoying that uninstalling everything from the
place I installed it didn't do that).

Can anyone help? Thanks a bunch...