2013/5/19 Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>

> On 05/19/2013 12:30 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
>
>> 2013/5/19 Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>
>>
>>  Hi :)
>>> On Ubuntu try right-click on any Odt file and choose "Properties" in the
>>> "Open With" tab choose the 4.0.3 and set that as the default app to open
>>> Odts with
>>> Regards from
>>> Tom :)

Thanks for your response, Dan ! As a matter of fact, I have managed to put
the 4.0.3.3 build on my menu by right-clicking it, selecting «Edit menu»,
choosing «Office» and then adding the LO components to the menu one at a
time, taking care to provide the correct commands, for example, in the case
of Writer, «/opt/libreoffice4.0/program/swriter». I then closed the editor,
opened the Menu and right-clicked the individual components to place them
om my Cinnamon top panel. No problem - but a bit of pain. But as Synaptic
insists on telling me that the latest Ubuntu version remains
1:4.0.2~rc2-0ubuntu~precise1, perhaps I'll just have to accept the fact
that the PPA-makers simply have not yet gotten 'round to producing a
4.0.3.3 version for that distro. Perhaps in a couple of weeks ?...

Henri