At 11:42 25/05/2013 +0200, Axel Braun wrote:
in LO 4.0.3 I have the problem that I have a text in a specific color, that appears as 'user color' in the font color box. I can't bring this color to another text, as this user color is not available when selecting the other text (right mouse button -> Symbol (Zeichen)

Any idea how to extract the font color and make it available for all text?

Ideally, you would want to save this as a new colour in your colour table: it would then appear as an available colour, as you request. I don't see that there is any way to do this.

Here are two ideas:

o Put the cursor in your coloured text.
o Click the Format Paintbrush icon in the Standard toolbar.
o Drag the paintbrush over the new text. To avoid painting the paragraph formatting as well, hold down Ctrl whilst you release the mouse after the drag.

o Put the cursor in your coloured text.
o Go to Format | Styles and Formatting or click the Styles & Formatting button in the Formatting toolbar or press F11.
o Click Character Styles.
o Click New Style from Selection | New Style from Selection.
o Give your new character style a name.
You now have a character style with the captured colour, which you can apply to other text in the normal way.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker