On 08/06/2013 at 00:10, Ken Springer <snowsh...@q.com> wrote:

> I've not used Word regularly since 2003, so I can't say whether
> the menu interface that appears when you hide the ribbon is as
> functional as its predecessors.

There is no "menu interface". You simply hide content of ribbons, leaving tabs
at top of window. When you click on tab, it's content in "ribbon-form" will
appear.

If you want old menu in MS Office post-2007, you must buy some third party
extension.

While it might be good idea to give users choice about interface they like, MS
is definitely not giving it their users (but MS never promised to be about
choice, so it's hardly an accusation).
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski