Thanks Tom!

replying inline.

2013/6/13 Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>

> Hi :)
> I used "Quick Translate" to try to work out what the chap said.  It's all
> Greek to me.
>
> Is anyone able to point him to the Greek Users List?
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>
> "Γεια σας :)
> Η συνήθιζα "Quick Μετάφραση" να προσπαθήσουμε να μάθουμε τι το σκάσιμο
> είπε. Είναι όλα τα ελληνικά μου.
> Η Είναι κανείς σε θέση να επισημάνει τον στην ελληνική λίστα χρηστών;
> Regards
> από Tom :)"
>

> "Kalispera, [= hello]
> I,  Dimitio Desylas, of the Greek LoCo community for Ubuntu would like to
> help my LibreOffice to become better platform.  Reason is that I want to
> promote the free, open source software companies organizations and schools
> to ordinary users. (eg my sister)
>
> So I suggest to add these features. These features reason I suggest the
> following comparison libre office impress (the last stable version) with MS
> powerpoint course in Microsoft WINDOWS 7 has the H / PC where you do not
> practice the LibreOffice the I use in Ubuntu linux 12.04.02 I use home.:
>
> * Improved color palette: In MS office powerpoint noticed that I can add
> custom font color. How simply words can be identified and mine color values
> ​​beyond some defaults. ie I define my own values ​​in r, g, b as the font
> color and background color - fill a shape and generally where I have to
> choose color.  If he has, is good to have and the corresponding option and
> buttons that it font color and click th is for color filling.

A feature to be able to specify a custom font color.
This would require a search at the LibreOffice bugzilla in case it is
already filed.
I am not sure if LibreOffice uses the OS palette widget, which in this case
it would be an issue to enable in that palette the ability to select a
custom color.

> * Ability to select multiple images Admission: Once I Insert image from
> Impress allow me to introduce only a picture. The corresponding choice of
> MS office gives me can choose more than one insert images. In LibreOffice
> need to enter one by one while ms office I can Enter all together

A feature to multi-select images when inserting an image to a document. I
think this should be an easy-hack. If there is no bug report already on
this, a feature request should be filed first. Again, it should be an issue
of enabling the multiple-file selection for FileOpen, and adjust
LibreOffice to accept multiple images into the document.

> * standards may be stored in the "closed format": When becomes a
> presentation of the standards has preset the Impress when stored in.  Pptx
> then some points such size and position of objects and presentation buttets
> alloionontai and not stored properly so that the text is in the wrong place
> and some bullets do not look good when you re open the Impress.  Which does
> not help either document sharing and either in migration in LibreOffice.

This is a request for compatibility with the presentation templates (.ppx),
which in some cases they are not rendered correctly in LibreOffice. Here
there should be a bug report (or more) on specific issues on .ppx files
which are not used properly in LibreOffice. The bug report should specify a
.ppx, and how it is used wrongly in LibreOffice.

> * Ability to save as image: At the Ms office Powerpoint noticed that I can
> select text or an object and save it as a picture thing to do a group
> picture along with other images
> and text and save it as an image thing that helps especially do logos on
> site. It would have been and this feature the LibreOffice Impress.

This is a feature request to be able to save a selection from a document,
into an image. The selection would either be a paragraph or text along with
images or other objects.
I think this could be implemented through an addon.

> Personally i do not blame Impress.  I just want the LibreOffice be worthy
> replacement for MS Office because I believe in the idea of ​​free and open
> source and I want to contribute.  If there some of them would like to tell
> me where to Impress.  Still will like if some of the above features are
> developed for future versions LibreOffice."

In all these issues, I think Dimitris can search the LibreOffice bugzilla
and try to identify existing reports. If there is no report already, a new
report can be filed for each.
Then, post the URLs for those reports to the list in order for the rest of
us to subscribe and discuss further.

Simos