Is there such a thing as to many DDE links?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Mike Shaul <m...@shaulph.ca>
Sent: Thu Jun 13 15:04:39 PDT 2013
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: [libreoffice-users] DDE Links from calc to writer

Hello all,

I have created a document in writer that has DDE links to a spreadsheet
I created in calc. It has recently been acting funny, when I change a
value in the calc spreadsheet it used to change all the values in the
document in writer. Now, about 80% of the writer document responds to
the changes in calc but about 20% does not. Could this be due to having
too many links? I have about 3400 DDE links.

I'm using:
LibreOffice 3.5.4.2
Linux mint Cinnamon

I should also say that on a scale from 1-10 on computer knowledge I'm at
best a 5.

Thank you in advance,
-Mike