From: Tom Davies [tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 11:15 AM
To: anne-ology; Mark LaPierre
Cc: Mail List LibreOffice
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] HSLQLDB syntax

Hi :)
My guess is that he meant

H Sql Db

SQL = the standard language used by most database programs.  Most add a little
bit (few extra commands and stuff) to the basic language to help ensure that
people can't easily switch to another program even though they all ostensibly
use Sql.

Db = Database

H is the only bit that distinguishes exactly which program is being talked
about.

Note that other programs also use Sql or Db in their name.  For example
MySql/MariaDb, Postgresql.  Only Access doesn't have any of that in it's name.
Of course MS make many claims that Access does use Sql but it's such a heavily
tweaked version of Sql that it's almost unrecognisable.  If you learn Access
then you need to forget&re-learn if you want to switch to anything else.  The
others tend to just have a few differences so it's not so tough to move between
them.  At least, so i have heard.