1) I have a file filing-lables.ods with one column and 31 rows. The first
record contains the field name and the content is "label"
2)LibreOfficeBase > Connect to an existing  database > Spreadsheet > next
3) Location filing-labels.ods Next
4) Yes, register the database for me, Open the database for editing > Finish
5) Save  filing-labels.odb > Save, I now have a Table "Sheet1" which when
opened has the contents of the 30 rows with the label "label"
6) File > New > Labels Database - filing-labels Table sheet 1 Database
field "label" <=
7) Format Avery Letter Size 5160 Address
8) Options Entire page. Synchronize contents, Printer - my default printer
9) Insert fields, Other, Mail merge fields, "label"
10) Insert fields, Other, Next Record
11) Synchronize Labels - they all say "label"

After upgrade to 4.1.0.3 Step 7 isn't available either
--
Kindness Works!
Jim Tarvid