CUPS-PDF is my default printer.
It has all of the needed options to create a PDF file that other
programs would want/  LO has the export to PDF options, but I tend to
use CUPS-PDF for printing web pages and then physically printing only
the sheets that I want.   You can also decide what the file resolution
was to be, including 600 and 1200 DPI and the image quality/compression
that goes into the file.

doPDF is similar, but is for Windows.

There are some big advantages to having a PDF printer installed, even
with LO's export to PDF.  I use both equally when I need a PDF file from
a LO document.

As for ps2pdf - I thought you needed a .ps file to start with.  Could be
wring, but that was what I was told years ago.