I wondered if someone would ask
We are a school and sometimes students with difficulties get a laptopto do
exams. Since everyone else is writing the answers the exam boards say the spell
checker must be disabled in such a way that it is not possible to use during
the exam so not to give these students an unfair advantage.
Best wishes
Mal

Kracked_P_P---webmaster , 26/9/2013 2:39 PM:
On 09/25/2013 10:22 AM, Urmas wrote:
> "Malcolm Moore":
>
> In LO ( 4.1.1 on Linux ) can I remove the spell checker ( not turn off
> ) ?
>
> Uninstall either hunspell-XX (or myspell-XX) package, or hunspell
> library packages entirely.

Why do you want them to be removed?
That is the real question.

If it is a Linux "system" package, then I would use the Synaptic Package
Manager [best one I use for Ubuntu 12.04] or whatever package manager or
software manager your Linux system prefers to use.