On 2013-09-27 07:32, Doug wrote:
On 09/26/2013 02:34 PM, James Knott wrote:
Doug wrote:
Using the command prompt in administrator mode, there is a subdirectory
that I can't uninstall. How do you get elevated privileges in the
command prompt? (Win 7 PRO-64.)
Create an icon. on the desktop or Start menu, to run a command propmpt.
You can then right click on it and select "Run as administrator".  You
can even change the properties,so that it always runs as administrator.

I have that already. I am running command prompt in admin mode--I set
that up with an icon quite some time ago. But there is one subdir that
still will not delete, using    rmdir "\dirname" /q /s    which will
delete other stubborn directories (and has).

I will have to dig into some of the resources on the site that was
recommended and see if there is anything else useful.

I really dislike Windows! The last version that was somewhat
user-friendly --unitil it crashed-- was 98.

--doug
Hi.
A solution I have used when MS won't play is to use a live linux CD. Boot the CD and use the linux file explorer/manager to fix up your system.
Steve