There is some differences in en_CA and en_UK.  Some words not the same,
and such.  The US drifted from the UK English over the years, and so has
Canada.  It all depends on which "foreign words" are added to their
lexicon.  I know that Ubuntu has US, CA, and UK English dictionaries
available to use.

UK is the "mother English" so there are a lot of countries that follow
what the UK does, since they were colonies from the UK "empire days".
But you have to realize there are two different versions of UK English
used.  "Standard" and "Oxford".  French has a few language "versions" as
well for dictionaries/spell-checkers, that are not country based, or at
least it seems with the different ones that are available for LO.