To: <users@global.libreoffice.org>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] SWF export not working

T Lee Davidson wrote:
I am using LibreOffice Version 4.0.4.2 on Mageia 3 (Linux). The Export
to Macromedia Flash (SWF) function does not appear to be functioning
properly.

I created a simple (text-only plus background) six-slide presentation
with all but the first slide set to automatically advance after just a
few seconds. The slide show works when I preview it. But, exporting it
to SWF creates a file of just 20kb. I'm pretty sure that can't be a
valid Flash file. And, none of my video players (VLC, Dragon, & XINE)
will play it.

Flash is not just a video format but also includes scripting. It's
designed for embedding in web pages, and although it can be used to
show videos on a web page, I'm not sure that dedicated video
applications would necessarily play it. Have you tried opening the
Flash file in a web browser? Do VLC, Dragon and XINE play any other
Flash videos?

I've just done a quick test (LibreOffice 4.0.4.2 on Windows Vista)
with 3 text-only slides, exported to SWF (file is <1kB, so 20kB
certainly could be valid):
- Opening the .swf in Mozilla SeaMonkey (web browser) works, but
doesn't seem to do the automatic transitions - need to click to
advance through slides.
- VLC does not open this file. As far as I can see VLC should be able
to play "Flash Video" files, which have a .flv extension and are not
the same as .swf (e.g. .flv doesn't appear to include the scripting
capabilities of .swf).
- I'm not familiar with Dragon, and think XINE is Linux-only, but
suspect they probably just don't play .swf either.

Mark.

deleted

deleted