This is really starting to infuriate me...

Why, when working in an .ods spreadsheet, if I copy a number from a cell, and go to paste>special it into another cell, does it often (not every time, still can't pin it down) sometimes come up with the only op[tion as 'Unformatted text' from 'Unknown source'???

This is insane!

I have had this problem off and on when copy/pasting numbers between .csv files and .ods spreadheets, but even then it isn't every time.

What is going on here?