Milos Sramek wrote:
> Hi,
> A friend recently asked me, if it is possible to remotely install and
> configure LibreOffice on numerous client machines - so that the admin
> does not have to run from one computer to the next to do the job. Is
> that possible for LO?

I take it that you're using Windows. The Libreoffice setup has a silent
install command line switch. I use the following command to "deploy" a
newer version

> msiexec /qn /i "libreoffice_setup.msi%" SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1
> SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 REGISTER_ALL_MSO_TYPES=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL RebootYesNo=No
> REMOVE=gm_o_Onlineupdate,gm_o_jf_Palm,gm_o_jf_Pocketpc

and put it into the domain login script, so that it gets executed if one
particular user with the right permissions to install software logs in.
I do this with Remote Desktop on multiple PC at the same time.

There are also proper deployment solutions available like OPSI.

HTH
Thomas