Hi :)
Is it possible to change the way Calc handles it's formulas by doing

Tools - Options - Calc - Formula

and then use the drop-down to make them use MS Excel ways.  I can't help
thinking that trying to copy MS Excel at a time when they have finally
admitted, and corrected, some very fundamental errors in their formulas

On Saturday, 12 October 2013, 14:20, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak
<and...@pitonyak.org> wrote:

On 10/12/2013 07:55 AM, Ady wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been having problems with certain type of *references* in Calc.
>
> For example, the formula "sum(1:2)" works correctly in other
> spreadsheet software, but it errors in Calc.

I was not aware that you could do that in any product. It is not
supported in Calc of which I am aware. Villeroy has a messy solution
(see post 6). Well, you probably should read all the posts...

http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9527

So, the ony soltions I have seen based on a quick search is to either
define a range, or to use offset.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php