Alexander Hristov wrote:
Hello, today I downloaded the LibreOffice for use for school but I noticed
the spell checker doesn't work.

I Tried:
- Pressed the spell check button, it says its completed but doesn't fix the
typo
- Check if English and Greek does work, but none work
- Restarted the Program
- Check the options, all seem ok.

And still it does not check.

Version: 4.1.2.3 (used x86-64 deb packages)

Try placing the cursor where you know there's an error, and go to:
- Format > Character > Font
Is a language selected from the "Language" drop-down list? Is there a tick next to that language?

If it doesn't have a language set, or if there is no dictionary is installed for the selected language (no tick) it won't be checking the spelling for at least that section of text.

Try:
- Tools > Language > For all Text > English (or any other language with a dictionary installed) This will mark all text in the document to be checked in that language. Does the spell checker work then?

Using those menus, and Tools > Language > For Paragraph you can set different languages for different paragraphs or sections of text, which is useful if languages are mixed in one document.

Hope that helps.

Mark.