Okay,
I wrote to the list about some issues with .docx files, and it was
suggested to me to try
and install a more updated version (I have the 3.5.4.2 from Debian
Wheezy repos).

I downloaded both 4.0.6 and 4.1.2, and can not install either one.
4.1.2 comes with an install script, but it asks for an rpm directory.
I have no rpms. I downloaded the .deb package.
When I try to give it the DEBS/ dir, it fails.
I didn't try further with that.

4.0.6 has no install script, so I tried to install the debs manually.
First, I just cd-ed to that dir and did
$ for i in $(ls); do dpkg -i $i; done
but this does them in alphabetical order, which won't work.
It needs them out of order.
I tried to install those it was asking for initially (like, when it says

Selecting previously unselected package libobasis4.0-base.
(Reading database ... 326826 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libobasis4.0-base (from libobasis4.0-base_4.0.6.2-2_amd64.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libobasis4.0-base:
 libobasis4.0-base depends on libobasis4.0-core01; however:
  Package libobasis4.0-core01 is not installed.

So I tried to install libobasis4.0-core01 first...needed
libreoffice4.0-ure_4.0.6.2-2_amd64.deb
So I installed that one, and then the core[01,07] files individually.
Then I did ls -1 > deblist
vi deblist
deleted those that were already installed from this list, plus the
desktop-integration directory.
THEN, I was able to to
for i in $(cat deblist); do dpkg -i $i; done

This newer version does appear to be handling .docx files better.

thanks,
Tony
--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
translations, interpreting, localization