On 11/05/2013 06:53 AM, Cliff Scott wrote:
> ** Reply to message from NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> on Mon, 04 Nov 2013
> 23:00:26 -0800
>
>> On 11/04/2013 12:38 PM, Cliff Scott wrote:
>> > ** Reply to message from "Cliff Scott" <c...@intergate.com> on Sat, 2 Nov
>> > 2013 15:29:02 -0500

'. I'm showing the following:

>> Calibri - Regular|Bold|Italic|Bold italic
>> Calibri Light - Light|Light Italic|Bold|Bold Italic
>>
>> I'll now purge the font(s) due to licencing issues. :-)
>> I find that FreeSans 11 is a very close match to Calibri 12. You might
>> want to give that a try. <http://www.gnu.org/software/freefont/>
>
> NoOp - thanks for your ideas. They gave me a clue how to work around the
> issue. It's not the ideal way and the results are not exactly what I wanted,
> but may be useable.
>
> Going into Format/Character I find that the Light option is listed under
> Calibri, but unfortunately Light Bold isn't listed so when I bold the Light
> font it ends up as the Regular Calibri Bold and not Light Bold that it should
> be. Apparently LO 4.1.3.2 tries to combine the two fonts into one family
> rather than keep them separate. The Mac Font Book also lists them as one
> family where in fact they are two families with a common base name. Somehow
> LO 4.0.5 keeps them separate, but 4.1.3.2 doesn't. As I said earlier Open
> Office also sees them as separate families. At least now I have a better
> handle on what's happening. Thanks.

I had to install AOOo in a parallel folder so that it doesn't end up
polluting my file associations (long story) & found:

Both AOOo AOO401m5(Build:9714)  -  Rev. 1524958 2013-09-20 11:54 - Linux
x86_64) and LO 4.1.3.2 act identical, at least on the linux versions.
Both use a substitute font for Calibri Light Bold/Bold Italic. That is
because only Calibri Light and Calibri Light Italic are in the fonts
that I copied over from Win7. Calibri Bold and Bold Italic
(calibriz.ttf) are available, so those fonts aren't substituted.

You can verify by Format|Character and then selecting Calibre
Light|Bold/Bold Light and notice the notification: "This font style will
be simulated or the closest matching style will be used.". If you select
only Claibri Light|Light/Light Italic the message will change to: "The
same font will be used on both your printer and your screen".