On 18/12/2013, Gabriel Risterucci <cleyf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Master document are not only about sharing styles (in fact, I never saw
> them in this light), it's about splitting your work in easily manageable
> smaller files. I don't even know why having styles would concern having the
> possibility to create a master document.
> When you're working on a reasonnably large project, it's simply easier to
> split it. For example, having each chapter in it's own file, instead of
> Ahem, still don't get why you're mixing the presence of styles and master
> document. The only link I can think of is that a master document's style
> override the sub-documents, but even then... maybe you can clarify what you
> meant?

Found a list of files in a directory, each file was quite small is
size. That's what started to think whether a master document is
appropriate or not. If styles are extensive in each of the small
files, importing them into a new file would be expected to retain
styles and therefore make navigation via 'navigator' to be more
convenient than opening multiple individual files