Hi,

I have no problems with LibreOffice 4.1.4.2 in Ubuntu 13.10 on several different computers.I use the version from The document foundation, and not from Ubuntu. If you are using the Ubuntu version and wish to try The Document Foundation version, you must purge your system of all of the Ubuntu version. Instructions can be found here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/180403/how-to-uninstall-libreoffice

Don