Hi :)
Hmmm, actually i've only just realised that a 2nd grab from the
'proprietary' back-end data-tables might not be such a nightmare.
Just keep a copy of the current export as it is so that the new grab
can be compared against it.  Any differences could then be added to
the data-tables held fairly locally.  Hopefully it's unlikely that
different updates would happen to a single old field both here and
there!

Anyway, i guess my main question is could Base be used as the
front-end for data tables (the back-end) that is online?