Hi :)
Can Base directly connect to a Lotus Approach database and use it as
the back-end?

@Ernest, Have you still got access to the old Windows and thus the
Lotus Approach directly or was this an upgrade (or a machine exchange
or some sort)?  I take it you exported the data as a ".csv" file and
that is what is looking like a flat spreadsheet?

Alan B's way of making a form sounds like the best as it should allow
easy data-entry.  If you need people to be able to access it in only
read mode then it might be good to make a form in Writer so that they
have all the tools they are familiar with