Hi :)
Are you getting replies from the mailing list?  ie did you get 2
copies from Jay and 2 from me?  If so then it's working fine.

Please could you let us know which OS you are using?  Is it a Mac?
Seems likely to be a Mac to me.  If so then you need to get around the
"Gateway" security feature so i will try to find a link to "how to
disable Gateway temporarily to install programs".  Until then you
could open files by
1st open LibreOffice itself
2. use File - Open or drag the file into the LO window.