Hi :)
I think he is talking about some document-specific thing introduced in
Win7.  I've not explored it yet.   (Had no idea it existed tbh)

The Windows-wide restore should only affect programs but should leave
files and data untouched.  of course what should be and what is are
often different but i've never had a problem with it the few times
i've used it.