Hi Tom, all

TomD wrote
> That is brilliant!!  So far i have been doing an insane method of
> inserting an empty column and then pasting the copied one into it and
> deleting the old one.  Excel seemed much easier as it's easy to just
> drag the column to a new position.  However now Calc seems even
> easier.
>
> I had to combine Brian's and Nino's answer.  Brian's didn't seem to
> work for me until i saw Nino's saying to move the mouse arrow down
> into the data part rather than trying to use the header part.
>
> So it's not completely intuitive to Excel users but it's not far off

I have been using the same insane 8 step method...

Indeed Calc's hidden feature is better than Excel, but few users will find
it...

You are right about combining the instructions. The proper way to do it is:

1 - Left click a row/column header to mark it,
2 - Left click somewhere inside the marked row/column (into the data area,
not the header)
3 - Drag it to the new position
4 -  Hold down the Alt key and release the left mouse button (you can
release the Alt button now :) )

Thanks to all that contributed!