Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Clarence,

Clarence W. Robison schrieb:
On 2/26/2014 9:55 AM, Clarence W. Robison wrote:
I am not sure that this is a bug or I do not know were to find the
setting to adjust vertical spacing of scalable bars.

If I have the following formulas defined:
abs{ x - y }
newline newline abs{ x-y} over {x + y}
newline newline lline { x - y } rline over { x + y }
newline newline left lline { x - y } right rline over { x + y }
newline newline left lline {x_i - y^2} right rline over {x + y}

The result is:

The scalable bars (used by abs), are not placed correctly in vertical
space, they are to low. Other scalable grouping symbols: brackets,
braces, and parenthesizes appear to be correctly placed.

Using out of the package default fonts on Windows 7 64bit.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks
Clarence

The in-line figure was stripped. If the attachment is stripped see:
http://www.kimberly.uidaho.edu/Transfer/LO_ScalableBarIssue.png

Which version do you use. The bars are correct here in LO4.2.1.1. and in
LO4.3(dev).

Looks OK here too, in LO 4.0.4.2 and 4.2.0.4 on Windows Vista 32-bit - the abs bars sit just above the division line, not crossing it as in Clarence's screenshot.

Mark.