On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 21:14:04 +0100
yahoo-pier_andreit <pier_andr...@yahoo.it> wrote:

[snip]

> dear jim, I'm using thunderbird, and I have the same problem, if I
> press
> ctrl>R the reply is to the sender non to the list, and I would like
> ctrl>to
> reply to the list not to the sender, so I have to use reply to list,
> It seems you are very skilled about, how can I set thunderbird to
> reply to the list when I press>R???

I'm not any kind of Thunderbird expert.  While I administer a network
where Thunderbird is the corporate standard, and my wife uses it, I
don't use it, myself. My *guess* would be: "You can't do that."  But I
could be wrong. Thunderbird is highly-configurable under the hood.  What
you're seeking is a way to remap Ctrl-R to what you want.

However, I would add: I don't know as that's necessarily wise.  I don't
know what Thunderbird will do if there is no list to which to
reply--just an individual one-on-one email.

I'm not a fan of the mouse, but this may be one of those times were
you're better-off using it--to click the "reply to list" button.

> manythanks, :-) ciao :-) pier

You're welcome.  Sorry I could not be of more use.

FWIW: What I *am* using for an email client application is Claws-Mail.
For me: Claws-Mail has a number of advantages over Thunderbird, not the
least of which is a rich variety of per-folder preferences that can be
set.  Amongst those are "Default to," "Default to for replies," and
"Default reply-to."   So, with Claws-Mail, procmail fu is not
required :).  (Note: The "default to for replies" overrides/disregards
any Reply-to header.  Some people may feel that broken behaviour.)

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is