> On 03/06/2014 01:34 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
>
>> At 13:20 06/03/2014 -0800, John R. Sowden wrote:
>>
>>> I have a calc sheet about 600 lines long with data at the top that I
>>> would like to see while I an using the data at, say line 400.  Is it
>>> possible to open a second window showing the data at the top while editing
>>> the data at lower lines?
>>>

>> It's easier than that.
>>
>> o Click in the row header at the left to select the first row of the
>> general data - the uppermost one that you do *not* want to keep visible.
>> o Go to Window | Freeze.
>>
>> The material at the top will now remain visible whilst you scroll down
>> the rest.
>>
>> I trust this helps.
>>
>> Brian Barker
>>

>>  you trust well, I should have thought of that

To be exhaustive, it IS possible to open a second window on the same calc
sheet. In the same Window menu, you have a "New window" option. It will
open a second view that move/scroll independantly. You can then see
multiple page of the same document, for example if you have a page with all
the graphics, and a page with all the data.​​