Greetings,
I am using LO 3.6.7.2 under Linux, which has Report Builder (Oracle?) version 1.2.3 built in. Go into your LO Extensions manager (Tools -> Extension Manager) and look for the report builder installed. The last time I checked, Report Builder 1.2.3 was the latest version.

I am also using MySQL 5.5.36 and mysql-connector-java 5.1.18 with Base. The built-in report builder works well for me. It is much faster than previous versions, so the devs must have fixed some bugs. However, for large databases it can still be a bit slow creating a report. Just have patience and it will eventually complete.

HTH.
Girvin Herr