Good afternoon
I have been trying this for a long time, but had no success so far.

In Calc I select a certain range of cells / rows / columns.
Select "copy" and then paste that selection into an empty space or even
a new spreadsheet.

HOWEVER, the cell formatting is never maintained!
I mean (specifically) the width and hight of rows and columns is ALWAYS
what presumably is the "default" value.

I tried to use "paste special", indicating ONLY text and/or format, but
that does not change anything.
Reading the official documentation for Calc DOES NOT provide any answers
(at least, I could not find any).

Is there such a trick?
How do you do that?

In a very old software (Lotus 123) I use it all the time and it causes
no problem at all ...

Thank you in advance
Thomas