At 18:06 26/04/2014 +0200, Pier Andreit wrote:
libreoffice 4.1.5.3 on linux opensuse 13.1 kde 4.11.5
if I have a table with 4 column how can I get for example the first column width of 2cm the second and third of 3cm and the fourth of 4cm?? giving numbers not with mouse??

I tried: rightclick > table... >tab table and i tried both selecting automatic and left alignment

"Automatic" won't help you: this adjusts the table to fill the space between the margins, so any change of column width has to be accompanied by a compensating one to achieve this. Any other option here should suffice.

rightclick > table... >tab columns inserting values in the column width spaces but writer also don't honour this because I suspect it maintain the global length of table I also selected "adjust column proportionally" but nothing change, and also selecting "adjust column proportionally" "adapt table width" is automatically selected I insert values in column width but writer doesn't obey to this because change the other

It sounds as if you have tried everything except the precise option you need - which appears to be having "Adapt table width" ticked but "Adjust columns proportionally" *not* ticked. Note that the tick against "Adapt table width" applies for the current operation only: if you go back to adjust the widths later, you will have to tick that option again.

and also, how can I add a column without stretching the other??
if I select a column of 1cm width and rightclick >column>insert choosing 1 column after writer add a column but stretch the other conserving the global table width, I would like to ADD a column without touching the others column width

You can do this using the keyboard. First go to Tools | Options... | OpenOffice.org Writer | Table | Keyboard handling | Behavior of rows/columns and select Variable. To insert your column, first press Alt+Insert to activate keyboard handling; then press right-arrow to insert a column to the right. The cursor will now be in your new column; press Alt+left-arrow or Alt+right-arrow to change the column width as desired. You can set the original width of columns inserted this way at Tools | Options... | OpenOffice.org Writer | Table | Keyboard handling | Insert cell.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker