Tom,

Glad you are making progress.  Now, if we can impose a bit on you ;-)

It would be very helpful if you can now more completely characterize the
remaining issue into a formal issue report on our Bugzilla tracker (as hosted
by FreeDesktop.org but early in a migration to our own).

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/index.cgi   where you'd "Open a New Account"

Then, you can "File a Bug" from there against LibreOffice, selecting component
of Spreadsheet, and setting version of 4.3.0.0.alpha1

Or alternatively, use the Bugzilla Submission Assistant as an alternative --
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/ -- with the Bugzilla log-in just
created.

All very simple, but the work/pain needed would be that attached to the new bug
we'd need you to put a sanitized version of the problem spreadsheet that still
produces the crash.  And also include the specific steps you perform that are
resulting in the "vector::_M_range_check" crashes.  The better the description
of steps to reproduce with the sample document, the more likely one of the devs
will be able to pin down the specific cause of the crash.

And, since you are on Linux, you might also attach a backtrace  and strace of
the crash--details for that are here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugReport/Debug_Information#GNU.2FLinux

I know it will be a bit of work for you to get it submitted, but it is worth
the hassle as it may lead to complete support for your work flows.

Post back with your Bugzilla issue ID once you get it filed.

Stuart