I have noticed that somewhere along the update path, the borders around
charts inserted into Calc have disappeared. I'm now using LO 4.2.3.3 on
Linux. But I don't know exactly when it happened. When I create a new
chart, and set up a border, the border doesn't show up.

Sorry, Willian, I know this doesn't answer your question, it's just that I
have noticed the same problem.

--
Jerry Van Brimmer