IanW,

I'm concerned with Base, but I have some things to put together for next
Fri. which will be the data in some report.  No big deal - just a
starting point.  Since time is tight, do you think I would be smarter to
continue with Base/HSQL, or go to Base as the front tend and MySQL or
MariaDB as the back end now?  For this week, my data requirements are
only 150KB, two tables, four queries, 1 report (my estimates as I type).

MySQL has some graphic front-ends for creation and admin., but I don't
think MariaDB has this (yet), though there are some third party software
that may do the same thing.  So while MariaDB has the buzz, I may be
better off with MySQL and linve with Oracle - at least for now.

For desktop use, there is also Kexi.  Ever use it and any comments?  I
would consider this as an interim step that will tide me over for at
least a few months.

My big concern is time.  Learning MySQL/MariaDB is not something I'll do
in a day, so this may have to be a longer term project.

Dave,

--
  dave boland
  dbola...@fastmail.fm