Hi :)
I dunno why but i think i keep mis-reading the original question.  Also i
think there are a few different issues in the question.

In all the distros i have tried you can "bookmark" folders, just as you can
bookmark web-pages in a web-browser.  However it's much easier to get to
the bookmarked folders.  In the file-browser you can have a side-panel
(it's usually the default) that shows "Places" and the bookmarked folders
appear in there.

I used to always switch that side-panel to show "tree" so that it was like
the "explorer" type view but normal users seemed to prefer the dumbed-down
"places" (in Windows) instead even though they then grumble that it gets in
the way and that it's a bit scary and confusing.  In Gnu&Linux it seems to
show useful stuff in a way that does make more sense to normal users.  So
nowadays i often keep the default "Places" view and just bookmark folders
(or un-bookmark them when they stop being useful).

When folders are files-shares on a remote machine, different desktop or
file-server or something then the bookmarks don't appear until after that
device has been mounted.  So the next trick is to edit
/etc/fstab
(is that the right place for fstab?) to automatically mount such
file-shares at boot-up.  Errr, that is the next thing i am working on for
our reception machine at work.