Also the data acquisition software. I have written a few data
acquisition programs and in some cases the sample rate was extremely
high over an extended period of time. To keep the file sizes down to
something reasonable I stored the captured data with a compression
algorithm which, amongst other things, eliminated most of the time
stamps. I then provided an user option in the UI to either
display/export the raw data or a representation of the full details.

What the OP describes is simple raw data and maybe there is a similar
display/export option in the capture software being used here.

Dave

Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:
> It might also be helpful if you mentioned your data acquisition hardware.
>
> It might be that using a standard interval reading is possible and you
> don't have to guess about the readings at all.
>
> Start 00:00:00, first interval 00:01:00, second interval 00:02:00 etc...
>

> On 9/10/2014 7:45 AM, William Drago wrote:
>> It might be helpful if you post the actual start/stop times for the
>> 2026 samples. There's more than one way to skin this cat and I'd only
>> look for solutions outside of Calc as a very last resort.
>>
>> -Bill
>>
>> On 9/9/2014 8:22 PM, office76#xt wrote:
>>> Thanks for the replies.
>>>
>>>                                            My earlier example was a
>>> simplified version of the data I'm working with. When Brian & Wdragos
>>> technique is applied to the 2026 samples I really have, it sort of
>>> works so
>>> I can see what your talking about. I keep altering the incrementation
>>> that
>>> takes place in this technique to try to get the last cell to say the
>>> stop
>>> time.  It comes pretty close but is always off by a few minutes. The
>>> reason