Good evening
I noticed this before:
I have a spreadsheet with alphanumeric items, Japanese terms, a few
"functions" and dates.

In the default style for spreadsheets as well as a private style I
defined fonts to be used
and the style, dates are displayed.
However, in particular recently, whenever I open this file, the dates,
which are supposed to be in Japanese,
suddenly use Arial (the font specified for Western text) and thus look
very queer.

When I apply the default style or my style, the date, which looks in
Japanese like
10月2に日 = Oct 2
suddenly is replaced by a number: 41914

Which does not make any sense to me and is NOT what I instructed the
computer to do.

Is there a comprehensible reason behind this behavior?
Is there any way to turn this definitely "erratic" behavior off?

Thank you.
Thomas