(2014/10/13 23:20), som wrote:

On Monday, 13 October 2014 6:53 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz <ny...@hb.tp1.jp> wrote:
I have a (actually 3) book, where I would like to have NO page numbering for the first 3 pages and then start with "1". Conversion to "title page" seems to work only for the first page. Attempts at assigning a self-made "front matter" page style to the first pages fails too. They are and remain "default style".
create a new style; say "page1".press ctrl-enter two times. now click insert ->
manual break.
select the option "page break"; under "style" option, choose "page1";"change page
number" to 1.
in the new page thus created, click on the header and insert page number.

page number should start now from 1 from fourth page onwards.

som ..
I am sorry, but I am not really following.
"press ctrl+enter two times" = naturally creates two blank pages, which I do not want to have.

AND .. the biggest problem:
I CAN NOT choose the page style. originally it was "default" for individual pages. Now I created, following your advice a new one (called firstP" and get that style for the ENTIRE book.
Trying to select pages and apply a page style (ANY) does not work.
And even though I get a "page 1" after the manual break, the three pages before that are still numbered 1-3.

So far everything is either ALL or NONE. No selection possible.
Where am I missing what?