I'm currently running LO v4.2.6.3 on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1.

I use Writer primarily to create notes for Bible study lessons. In that process, I often copy text into Writer from other programs (most likely e-Sword and TheWord (two free Bible software programs which, I think, both use the SQLite open-source database program). The template I use for this has the default tab-stop setting (Tools|Options|LO Writer|General) set to 0.25 inch.

My problem is that when copying text passages from those (and perhaps other) programs into LO, that default tab-stop gets reset to 0.5 inch, so that I have to go into the Options to change it back after each copy/paste. I don't know when exactly this behavior started, but I do know this resetting did not happen when I was using OOo and then LO 3.x. It either started with LO 4.0 or 4.1.

Has anyone else noticed similar behavior? Does anyone know a solution? Unfortunately, [Paste Special|Unformatted Text] is not a solution for me, because that would eliminate formatting that I want to keep.

Thanks,
-- Tim