Hi :)
I know it was only an alpha-release but it fits the idea of "release early
and release often" rather than trying to produce something too perfect and
then finding that no-one uses it.

If it's possible to get it onto the Extensions website
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/
then maybe more people could attempt to use it and maybe post bug-reports,
and maybe even help develop it further (Gpl, LGpl. Mpl or whatever
copy-left license seems best (ideally same as other Extensions use)).

I guess i can imagine a few finesses that probably wouldn't even be useful
to most people.  So, feedback and comments would become useful.  The
Extensions website seems set-up to handle that sort of thing.

Errr, zipped images are often not hugely smaller than their original size.
The advantage is that the zip-file ends up being a container holding all
the different bits together.  Scaling reduces image's byte-size far more.