And, when you can solve a problem without a macro, that is generally the better path :-)

On 12/17/2014 01:02 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:
Am 17.12.2014 um 03:05 schrieb Joel Madero:
Hi All,

I have a form that has bookID as a unique key. I want to have a button
that is to open a second form and do the following:

(1) search for the bookID in another table (Series);
(2) If bookID does not exist in Series, create a new record that has the
bookID and open another form and passes the bookID to that form so I can
enter the appropriate info.

Guidance appreciated.

Best,
Joel

This can be done without macro using stand-alone forms, hyperlink button
and a criteria table.

1) [Example #1] Filter/Search with Forms (leveraging SubForms)
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=42845
2) [Tutorial] Standalone Forms / Switchboard:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=40493

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php