At 14:47 19/12/2014 +0000, Conly Honly Donly wrote:
In a spreadsheet, I need the dot separated date in YYYY.MM.DD format, e.g. 2015.01.012015.12.11

In the Format Cells dialogue, you can create your own "User-defined" formats. Just enter your "YYYY.MM.DD" in the "Format code" box there. Some formats get complicated by locale-specific properties, but I doubt there is any problem with this one.

Alternatively, you could always create a formula to develop from a genuine date value a text string (in a separate cell) representing any format you wanted.

Should I file a bug report to add this feature?

Probably not.

Is it currently not available?

It is - as above.

I trust this helps.