On 01/03/2015 01:00 PM, libreoffice-ml.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
Yep, it pulls the value from the application language settings, so that
if I set that to Turkish for the application, I can test in Turkish.

   Print StrComp("ı", "I", 0)  ' compare Turkish dotless i with upper
case i
   Print StrComp("i", "I", 0)  ' compare lower case i to upper case i

returns 0 and 1. If I change back to English US, this evaluates as -1, 0.

I think in Turkish "I" is used as the upper-case dotless ı, and there's a separate character for the upper-case dotted i (which presumably should compare equal to the lower-case dotted i in that locale). Perhaps U+0130 "İ".

Mark.

You are correct.... and it seems that LO handles these just fine. I am told that it will not handle all cases well (seems that there are a few cases in German that may not be correctly handed; for example, comparing characters with accents to characters without). I expect some clarification on this in the next week so that I can add more detail to a new section where I am attempting to add clarity so that others do not need to read the code and rely on trial and error to know what to expect. Oh, and perhaps file a bug report if the behavior is just wrong or inconsistent.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php