Hi :)
I think i still have a few machines on 3.5.7 but most have now
upgraded to something like 4.2.7.  That might have happened when i
upgraded Ubuntu from 12.04 to 14.04 LTS.  It might be possible to ask
your distro's package maintainers if they would be kind enough to make
a more recent version of LibreOffice available in their repos.  They
are usually a fairly friendly bunch (except in Slackware where it's
allegedly just one very busy person (where "bunch" no longer applies
but "friendly" does))