Hi Alex

I really appreciate your help here!!

But still no luck - My replies are below.....

A quick, alternative possibility :

Create a new ODB file that connects to your database. Save it under a
new name.

Open the newly named (and currently empty, at least with regard to
forms, queries, etc) ODB file.
I tried this and the ID field comes through as 'No increment' and still will NOT change!!

Did you read Fernand's comment ?
Yes - There is only ONE field on my Form that calls this field. The one I'm trying to change.
your old RecordID was just an INT that you filled in yourself -
No - it was empty, like all my fields), and I imported my old data from a CSV file and then started to work. That,s when I discovered I had not set it to Auto Increment.
so now that you have converted it to INT AUTO_INCREMENT, did you regenerate the
values, or have you just carried on from the previous lastinsert_id() of
the RecordID field ?
I can not change it so have not regenerate it.
All I can do at the moment is enter the next number by hand.

Ways around this :
- reindex your table using the appropriate mysql command ;
- run mysqlcheck from the command line
I'm NOT a DB Admin at all I just need this DB to keep all the details of my
Group. The DB is just a very important tool to me!!
I tried to run the 'mysqlcheck' command and I don't know what the output is but
this is what I got ...

 Variables (--variable-name=value)
and boolean options {FALSE|TRUE}  Value (after reading options)
--------------------------------- -----------------------------
all-databases                     FALSE
all-in-1                          FALSE
auto-repair                       FALSE
character-sets-dir                (No default value)
compress                          FALSE
databases                         FALSE
debug-check                       FALSE
debug-info                        FALSE
default-character-set             (No default value)
fast                              FALSE
fix-db-names                      FALSE
fix-table-names                   FALSE
force                             FALSE
extended                          FALSE
host                              (No default value)
write-binlog                      TRUE
port                              0
quick                             FALSE
silent                            FALSE
socket                            (No default value)
ssl                               FALSE
ssl-ca                            (No default value)
ssl-capath                        (No default value)
ssl-cert                          (No default value)
ssl-cipher                        (No default value)
ssl-key                           (No default value)
ssl-verify-server-cert            FALSE
use-frm                           FALSE
user                              (No default value)

Thanks again

IanW
Pretoria RSA