Brian Barker wrote:
At 11:07 19/04/2015 -0400, Rob All Jr wrote:
While I'm working in calc, the program is frequently adding a colon
followed by a number (usually 2 sometimes 3) at the end of the file
name (i.e. after the 'xlsx'). What's that all about?

You say it adds a colon and number "at the end of the file name", as if
the file name is being thereby modified. But that's not so: the file
name is unchanged but the title bar of the LibreOffice window shows the
additional element in addition to the file name. It happens, I think,
when you have two windows open to the same file (or perhaps when
LibreOffice thinks you do); you can see this easily by clicking Windows
| New Window with an existing file open.

It also seems to happen when using Print Preview. On one document I just tried, opening Print Preview appends ":2". After closing the preview, ":3" is appended, even though only one window is open. Although I recall previously seeing ":2" added when previewing, I think it used to revert to normal on closing the preview, not leave a ":3", so there may be something slightly odd crept in there.

LibreOffice 4.4.2 on Windows.

Rob - as Brian mentioned, rest assured that the " : 2" etc. following the filename in LibreOffice's title bar is not actually indicating a change to the name of the file on disk.

Mark.