On 05/28/2015 01:12 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:
> Am 28.05.2015 um 18:57 schrieb James Knott:
>>> That was possible in OS/2, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.  With
>>> OS/2, you could create a "Work Area" folder and whenever that folder was
>>> opened, whatever was in it would also open.
>>>
>> Forgot to mention, closing the folder also closed the open documents.
>> So, you could create a work area folder for a project, place all the
>> files for that project in the folder and then open or close them all at
>> once.   You could also create shadows for those documents in the work
>> area folder, but leave the originals elsewhere.  A shadow is another
>> instance of the exact same file, so changes in a shadow automagically
>> appear in the original.
>>

> With any popular Linux desktop and (Windows too) Ctrl+A selects all file
> icons in a folder window.
> And the Enter key does the same as the double-click. It triggers the
> standard action which should be "open" for all document files.
> I would not be surprised if something similar works with OSX as well.

With those OS/2 work area folders, you don't have to select anything,
beyond opening the folder.  When it opens, all the documents that had
been open previously would open again, taking you back to exactly where
you were when you closed it previously.  It even survives reboots, which
virtual desktops don't.