Am 14.06.2015 um 19:25 schrieb Andrea Venturoli:
> On 06/14/15 12:40, Italo Vignoli wrote:
>
> Still, besides format wars, we have a serious bug here.
> If XLSX is supported, it should work; losing data because it doesn't
> work properly is not a good thing :-(

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. If a product offers to write some
foreign file format, it should do it fairly well or not at all. On this
tiny mailing list there are too many reports about faulty OOXML export.
This is one thing where Apache OpenOffice does it right. That program
does not export OOXML. It tries to read OOXML while always exporting the
old but very well supported Microsoft documents which is just fine for
all users of Microsoft Office.