It's amazingly strange to me how words/phrases can be used with no
relation to their original meanings;
            oxymorons I guess are here to stay.

       Would someone please explain to me how some of these 'user friendly'
ideas came to be so called;
           when, in fact, they merely complicated & confused,

          ex. in vehicles, the automatic window rather than manually
rolling the window;
                  with these automatic windows, it is impossible to roll
down the window unless the engine is running -
                which is quite frustrating and can be seriously dangerous.

          ex. in computers, each time a new programming language appears,
the simplicity disappears further.

          ex. in 'phones, with the change to push buttons - which then
became smaller & smaller -
                it's nearly impossible to dial the number without clicking
on more than one button;
               (when the pad of one finger touches one key, the nail
touches another)

          ex. in televisions, with the change to remotes -
                these keyboards also became smaller & smaller -
               the on-off button disappeared from the set along with the
other buttons;
                which makes it impossible to walk to the set to do anything
- must pick up the remote to do whatever;
               and here too - it's nearly impossible to punch one button
without clicking on more than one button;
                (when the pad of one finger touches one key, the nail
touches another)

          etc.  etc.  etc. ... ... ...